Dearest Familia,
It was so great to hear from all of you yesterday since I was able to briefly check my email. I hope everyone is doing well!
Shout out to Grandma Lois, Ryan Lynn, and Isaac for sending me letters!
It made my day.
So, we left off in my mission saga with me getting transferred back to Arvada 2nd and working there for a week.
So Monday we went and played frisbee golf and had a good ole' time.
Tuesday my companion went on exchanges so I was with the Zone Leaders all day. It was a super good day and we found like 3 new investigators. It's such a blessing to be able to help people be happy through something that has blessed my life.
Wednesday we had district meeting and I had a dr. appointment down in aurora where my companion had served, so he was pretty nostalgic. That night we did a program called "sweep for sheep" which is super cool where pretty much we go on splits and work in an area where members are...yea it works.
Thursday my companion and I were with one of the Zone Leaders because the other one was on exchanges, and there's a challenge in our mission called the nugget challenge...you can get 50 nuggets for 10$ at McDonalds...and you try to eat them all in one sitting... 25 is more than enough...that's how far I got, and then i finished the rest later...that night i woke up with a headache at like 3 in the AM...no good. not a good idea. We also met with our most progressing investigator S and taught her the plan of salvation. she is progressing toward her baptismal date in november very well.
Friday was awesome, we found a new investigator...and i forget what else.
Saturday we found 3 new investigators and had a great day.
Sunday was weird because it was my first time seeing most of the ward b/c i didn't see anyone on general conference sunday, and they were all like Your back! and i was like....I'm leaving tomorrow...so it was good but sad and really hard.
I found out Saturday that I was returning (and am currently in) Lousiville with Elder Lloyd this time. We're working well together already and focusing on finding people here to teach. It is 42 degrees here today and raining...i love it. lol
I want to leave you all with a message about hope.
Life is hard. I know. I don't know exactly all of your troubles or worries and cares, but there is someone who does. That is Jesus Christ, our savior. He knows the beginning from the end and knows what we care about and what we need. In times of trials you can know that you will get what you need, it won't necessarily be easy, but you can make it through it. And sometimes we just have to grit our teeth and take that next step...it's so much easier said than done as I'm finding out. But you don't have to do it alone. God loves us which is why he blessed us with families and with prophets to show us the way home to Him. He sent His son Jesus Christ to make amends for our sins and allow us to repent and do all that is necessary to live with Him again. After Christ rose, His saints were persecuted and God took the authority to act in His name off the earth for a time. But because He loves us he returned that authority, called the priesthood, to the earth again through a prophet named Joseph Smith. Joseph Smith translated a book, called the Book of Mormon, through God's instruction and power, to give the world another testament that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. We can know that Joseph Smith was a prophet by reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it, to see if God truly has called a prophet to guide us to this day. I've done this and I have felt the warmth and happiness in my heart, that is God testifying to me that The Book of Mormon is His word.
My invitation to all, who have and have not, to read the Book of Mormon and ask God if it is true. The truth blesses our lives by showing us the path by which we need to travel to be happy, not only in this life, but for all eternity. We can know that our families are eternal and that God cares enough to continue to guide us today.
If you need a copy of the Book of Mormon, you can get one for free, just visit www.mormon.org
Always have hope and faith.
Never give up and never surrender
I love you all
Jonathan
It was so great to hear from all of you yesterday since I was able to briefly check my email. I hope everyone is doing well!
Shout out to Grandma Lois, Ryan Lynn, and Isaac for sending me letters!
It made my day.
So, we left off in my mission saga with me getting transferred back to Arvada 2nd and working there for a week.
So Monday we went and played frisbee golf and had a good ole' time.
Tuesday my companion went on exchanges so I was with the Zone Leaders all day. It was a super good day and we found like 3 new investigators. It's such a blessing to be able to help people be happy through something that has blessed my life.
Wednesday we had district meeting and I had a dr. appointment down in aurora where my companion had served, so he was pretty nostalgic. That night we did a program called "sweep for sheep" which is super cool where pretty much we go on splits and work in an area where members are...yea it works.
Thursday my companion and I were with one of the Zone Leaders because the other one was on exchanges, and there's a challenge in our mission called the nugget challenge...you can get 50 nuggets for 10$ at McDonalds...and you try to eat them all in one sitting... 25 is more than enough...that's how far I got, and then i finished the rest later...that night i woke up with a headache at like 3 in the AM...no good. not a good idea. We also met with our most progressing investigator S and taught her the plan of salvation. she is progressing toward her baptismal date in november very well.
Friday was awesome, we found a new investigator...and i forget what else.
Saturday we found 3 new investigators and had a great day.
Sunday was weird because it was my first time seeing most of the ward b/c i didn't see anyone on general conference sunday, and they were all like Your back! and i was like....I'm leaving tomorrow...so it was good but sad and really hard.
I found out Saturday that I was returning (and am currently in) Lousiville with Elder Lloyd this time. We're working well together already and focusing on finding people here to teach. It is 42 degrees here today and raining...i love it. lol
I want to leave you all with a message about hope.
Life is hard. I know. I don't know exactly all of your troubles or worries and cares, but there is someone who does. That is Jesus Christ, our savior. He knows the beginning from the end and knows what we care about and what we need. In times of trials you can know that you will get what you need, it won't necessarily be easy, but you can make it through it. And sometimes we just have to grit our teeth and take that next step...it's so much easier said than done as I'm finding out. But you don't have to do it alone. God loves us which is why he blessed us with families and with prophets to show us the way home to Him. He sent His son Jesus Christ to make amends for our sins and allow us to repent and do all that is necessary to live with Him again. After Christ rose, His saints were persecuted and God took the authority to act in His name off the earth for a time. But because He loves us he returned that authority, called the priesthood, to the earth again through a prophet named Joseph Smith. Joseph Smith translated a book, called the Book of Mormon, through God's instruction and power, to give the world another testament that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. We can know that Joseph Smith was a prophet by reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it, to see if God truly has called a prophet to guide us to this day. I've done this and I have felt the warmth and happiness in my heart, that is God testifying to me that The Book of Mormon is His word.
My invitation to all, who have and have not, to read the Book of Mormon and ask God if it is true. The truth blesses our lives by showing us the path by which we need to travel to be happy, not only in this life, but for all eternity. We can know that our families are eternal and that God cares enough to continue to guide us today.
If you need a copy of the Book of Mormon, you can get one for free, just visit www.mormon.org
Always have hope and faith.
Never give up and never surrender
I love you all
Jonathan
No comments:
Post a Comment