first off...
my camera had a slight technical difficulty this week....i found out that cameras don't like being shut in car doors...
it still works as far as i can tell..just the screen looks like a spider web of doom....
so yea
how can i loose weight on the mission...any ideas?
for aunt Marilyn.....Nancy Harris who she went to college and lived near/with at DT is in my stake and says hi......she ended up marrying Robin Bramwell///Bramfield? something.....who aunt Marylin went to high school with in Littleton.
i started running in the mornings!
life is good.....
I'm happy.....
it's a choice
everyone should read the Book of Mormon before I get home...
will you accept the challenge?
much love
The weeks really seem to be ticking by now, it's a little strange. This past week has been ups and downs for Elder Yarmo and myself. This continue to go well, with our own trials and struggles thrown in.
To start off, we felt that our zone meeting went the way that God wanted it to. We put our time and effort into preparing and receiving revelation and we know and saw the spirit speak to several of our Elders. There were some who weren't as receptive, but we did everything that we could to help them use their agency for good. We have seen improvement in the key indicators over the past week, so hopefully a part of the improvement is them applying the things which we talked about at zone conference and choosing to be faithful.
As for our area, we're still working with an investigator who seems to be growing in spurts. She is still reading and praying daily, but sometimes she seems to be so strong and willing to do what it takes, while other times there are doubts and fears that creep to the surface. This is expected, and we're really just trying to stay on the path that she needs at this time. Our last lesson was about baptism, again, though this time we focused a lot on the symbolism and covenants we make. We've had some interesting experiences with other investigators who seem to have been interested in other things in meeting with us, who we're currently sorting through to make sure that they're sincere. We have made a huge leap with one this week, as we discussed the plan of salvation and the purpose of life. We've really been at his pace and level talking about God, his reality, the purpose of the scriptures and sincere prayer. We're happy with the progress he's choosing to make and we're planning on teaching the full restoration this week.
On a personal level, everything is going well, though this past week I did experience 5 days of straight headaches. I'm not really sure what that was all about. Studies continue to go extremely well, and I really have seen them grow through out my mission. I always think they can't get any better, but then they do. I've been really feasting on this past conference ensign and I've learned a lot from each talk, no matter what the topic. I love how the gospel uses the term "one-eternal-round" because its' extremely fitting for how well the gospel fits together.
So, that's all for now.
Elder Allred
No comments:
Post a Comment